-
January 9th, 2004, 03:25 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I just acquired a pair of Altec 402A's and am looking for information on them. They are 8-inch woofers with a paper cone, 1-inch VC, cloth accordian edge surround and a slug type (cylindrical) alnico magnet with a distinctive slanted box magnetic circuit with one side missing. I have been unable to find them listed in any of the online literature. The closest thing to them may be the 'special 8-inch woofer' used in the Altec model 700B, a 2-way bookshelf system made in the early 50's, with an 8-inch and the 3000H horn tweeter. I would be especially interested in information on the system they were used in (box size and tuning) and in the T/S parameters. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Bob
-
January 9th, 2004, 09:41 AM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
I'm confused. The 420A was in the 1971 catalog as a 15" biflex.
-
January 9th, 2004, 09:44 AM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
Scratch last post. Had a dyslexic spell. Question was about 402A, not 420A.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks